Rutin Technical Data Sheet
Solubility in water:
Sophora japonica L.
Rutin NF11, DAB10, EP6,EP7
242 °C (468 °F; 515 K)
12.5 mg/100 mL, 13 mg/100mL
Rutin Data Download
Certificate of Analysis
Material Safe Data Sheet
Third Party Lab Test Report
Photos of Rutin
Botanical Name: Sophora japonica L.
Part of the Plant Used: Flower bud
Molecular Formula: C27H30O16
Molecular Weight: 610.517
CAS No.: 153-18-4
EINECS No.: 205-814-1
Specification:Rutin NF11, DAB10, EP6,EP7
RUTIN , also called rutoside, quercetin-3-rutinoside and sophorin,is a citrus flavonoid glycoside found in the flower bud of Scphora japonica L,RUTIN NF11 is also present in many other plants and sometimes referred to as Vitamin P, although not strictly a vitamin.
RUTIN is the glycoside between the flavonol quercetin and the disaccharide rutinose.RUTIN NF11 can be created by bonding a disaccharide onto the hydroxyl group of Quercetin. RUTIN NF11 (quercetin rutinoside), as well as quercitrin, is a glycoside of the flavonoid Quercetin. Both quercetin and rutin are used in many countries as medications for blood vessel protection and are ingredients of numerous multivitamin preparations and herbal remedies.
RUTIN (quercetin rutinoside), like quercitrin, is a glycoside of the flavonoid quercetin. As such, the chemical structures of both are very similar, with the difference existing in the hydroxyl functional group. Both quercetin and rutin are used in many countries as medications for blood vessel protection, and are ingredients of numerous multivitamin preparations and herbal remedies.
1. RUTIN inhibits platelet aggregation, as well as decreasing capillary permeability, making the blood thinner and improving circulation. Rutin has anti-inflammatory activity.
2. Function of vitamin P: RUTIN NF11 can keep vascular resistance, reduce its permeability and brittleness; Rutin can lower fat of fatty liver and offer better effects if working with glutathione
3. RUTIN inhibits aldose reductase activity. Aldose reductase is an enzyme normally present in the eye and elsewhere in the body. Rutin helps change glucose into a sugar alcohol called sorbitol.
4. RUTIN also strengthens the capillaries, and, therefore, can reduce the symptoms of haemophilia. Rutin also may help to prevent a common unpleasant-looking venous edema of the legs. Rutin, as ferulic acid, can reduce the cytotoxicity of oxidized LDL cholesterol and lower the risk of heart disease.
5. RUTIN is also an antioxidant, along with quercetin, acacetin, morin, hispidulin, hesperidin, and naringin; it was found to be the strongest.
Package: Double plastic-bag inside, aluminum foil bag or fiber drum outside.
Storage: Stored in a clean, cool, dry area; keep away from strong, direct light.
Shelf Life: Two years when properly stored.
Product Name:Rutin NF11
Supplier:Hangzhou New Asia International Co., Ltd.
Color:Yellow or greenish-yellow
Particle Size:100% through 80 Mesh
Loss on Drying;5.5-9.0%
Residue on Ignition:< 0.5%
Impurity quercetin;< 5.0%
Heavy Metals:< 20ppm
Assay (Anhydrous substance) by UV > 95.0%
Total Plate Count:< 1,000cfu/G
Yeast & Mold"< 100cfu/G