Milk Thistle Extract Technical Data Sheet
Milk Thistle Extract
Silymarin 80% UV,Silybin&Isosilybin 30% HPLC
Silybum Marianum Extract
Milk Thistle Extract Data Download
Certificate of Analysis
Material Safe Data Sheet
Third Party Lab Test Report
Photo of Milk Thistle Extract
What's Milk Thistle Extract
Milk thistle is best known for its ability to support a healthy liver. This is because milk thistle protects the liver from toxins and pollutants. Milk thistle does this by protecting the liver from free radical damage while promoting the growth of new liver cells. Milk thistle is also good for the kidneys, gallbladder, and the adrenals.
Milk thistle (Silybum marianum) has been used since Greco-Roman times as an herbal remedy for a variety of ailments, particularly liver problems. In the late 19th and early 20th centuries physicians in the United States used milk thistle seeds to relieve congestion of the liver, spleen, and kidneys. Today, several scientific studies suggest that active substances in milk thistle (particularly silymarin) protect the liver from damage caused by viruses, toxins, alcohol, and certain drugs such as acetaminophen (a common over the counter medication used for headaches and pain; acetaminophen, also called paracetamol, can cause liver damage if taken in large quantities or by people who drink alcohol regularly).
Many professional herbalists recommend milk thistle extract for the prevention and/or treatment of various liver disorders including viral hepatitis, fatty liver associated with long term alcohol use, and liver damage from drugs and industrial toxins such as carbon tetrachloride.
Product Name:Milk Thistle Extract Powder
Botanical Name: Silybum marianum
Extraction Solvent Used:Acetone
1.Silymarin 80% UV,Silybin&Isosilybin 30% HPLC
2. Silymarin/ Silybin+Isosilybin 80%UV/ 30%HPLC
3. Silybin+Isosilybin 30%, 35%, 40% HPLC
4. Silybin 80%, 90%, 95%, 98% HPLC
5. Water Soluble Silymarin 20%, 40%, 45% UV
6. Silybin meglumine/ Silymarin meglumine 75%HPLC/ 96%UV
7.Silymarin DAB 10,EP6,EP 7,USP3.2
Extraction Solvent Used:Ethanol or Ethyl Acetate
1.Silymarin 80% UV,Silybin&isosilybin 30% HPLC
2.USP 50%,Silybin 30%
3.USP 55%,Silybin 35%
4.USP 60%,Silybin 40%
1.Variety of solvents extraction:we have ethyl acetate,ethanol,methanol,acetone extracted silymarin according to the customers' requirement.
2.Low solvent residule:We provide low solvent residule silymarin according to the customs' request.It can be less 5 ppm or less.
Assay: 80% Silymarin by UV
Appearance: Yellow Powder
Particle Size:100% through 80 Mesh
Loss on Drying:< 5.0%
Heavy Metals:< 20ppm
Total Plate Count:< 10,000cfu/G
Yeast & Mold:< 1,000cfu/G
1)Milk thistle is used for varicose veins, menstrual difficulty, and congestion in the liver, spleen and kidneys.
2) Milk thistle has also been taken to increase breast-milk production, stimulate the secretion of bile, and as a treatment for depression.
3) Milk thistle nutritionally supports the liver's ability to maintain normal liver function. It has shown positive effects in treating nearly every known form of liver disease, including cirrhosis, hepatitis, necroses, and liver damage due to drug and alcohol abuse.
4) Preliminary laboratory studies also suggest that active substances in milk thistle may have anti-cancer effects. One active substance known as silymarin has strong antioxidant properties and has been shown to inhibit the growth of human prostate, breast, and cervical cancer cells in test tubes.
a. The raw material is 100% natural, no additive added during products. Huge stock for the raw material, and finished products.
b. Full specifications, we can supply all the specifications.
c. Our special advantage is to produce goods conformed to the European market. European market is our main market, and we enjoyed a good reputation in Europe. Our heavy metals(As, Pb, Cd, Hg), Microbiology, Pesticide, etc. are well controlled.
d. Equipped with the most advanced extraction unit, and HPLC,UV,GC,AA. We are also in cooperation with many third party LAB to control the goods, such as SGS, PONY, CHROMADEX, etc..